Monday, March 22, 2010

White Day

Unlike in America, Korea (and a few other Asian countries) actually have two Valentine's Days. On February 14th, Valentine's Day, women are supposed to give chocolates to their boyfriends or husbands. On March 14th, White Day, men are supposed to return the favor and give chocolates to their girlfriends or (/and?) wives. So, basically, what this breaks down to is the Korea's Hallmark is even smarter than America's.

I'm told April 14th is Black Day, when singles put on black armbands and go out to...be single together? People are still unclear on that one, so I'll have to let you know.

Look! I have friends. They'll come in handy for Black Day.

I finally went hiking last weekend. Seoul is surrounded on all sides by mountains so there's a lot of good hiking around that I've, until this point, never taken advantage of. Some friends and I hiked up Suraksan in the north of Seoul. Man, even though it rained the last 45 minutes, I've really missed hiking!

 From the top of the mountain (that nice Korean man gave us cucumbers!).

2 comments: