Friday, September 11, 2009

English Club

My co-teacher, Kyeong-Ran, approached me last week about ideas for the English club I would be running. So, I gave her a list of things I like to do that we could relate to English - cooking, creative writing, etc. Of these options, she chose the one item I put on the list as filler - English drama club.

Talking to her later, I found out it was actually our new principal that wanted me to do drama club. Apparently, he is very excited and "has a lot of ideas for plays." I'm concerned.

I don't dislike theatre. I think Shakespeare is great, I enjoyed Death of a Salesman and A Raisin in the Sun. There was even a time in my life when I went to drama camp in the summer and was greatly concerned about emoting and vocal projection. But ever since 8th grade, when Patricia Bass got the part of Alice in Alice in Wonderland and I was cast as a flower #3, my enjoyment of acting has soured. She was petite and looked uncannily like the Disney version of Alice but I was the better actress! Just ask my mother.

So, I guess I'd better figure out what I'm going to do before next Friday.

1 comment:

  1. Your mother is always a valid source, even more than wikipedia.

    ReplyDelete