Sunday, September 20, 2009

My School & Yeoinaru

Since Eric posted a bunch of photos of his super awesome high school, I thought I should put up a few of my middle school as well.
Here's my school. Most Korean schools have a big dirt field instead of a lawn. I guess it's easier to maintain. Also, many of the teachers park there so it's easier to not have a lawn.

It is L-shaped; here is the view of the other wing. My office is on the very end in the "English Plaza."

My school also has a back courtyard which is very pretty. This seems to be where the teachers take smoke breaks during lunch.

This past weekend was more relaxed. After going to Itaewon, the foreigner neighborhood (Eric needed to by shoes and it is the only place that carries size 10 and above),we went to a park at Yeoinaru that looks out over the Han River.

The park faces north, toward the center of Seoul. You can see the mountains by Eric's apartment in the distance.

Eric was a little put out with my camera-taking skills.

That is about it, so I'll leave you with this picture from Insadong at a free soju-tasting event.
The one on the far right is George Wahington.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Brooke, the garden at your school looks beautiful, but please don't join the "smokers"!

    ReplyDelete