Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Stereotypes

I lied, I'm not posting photos of my apartment yet. I still haven't finished unpacking after 4 days.

My co-teacher told me yesterday as we were driving to get me registered at the immigration office that I am 'very like an American. And very not.' I look like a stereotypical American - blonde, tall, blue eyes - but I act very polite and dress conservatively. Hah. I will take that as a compliment, since I agree with her about a lot of Americans.

The view of Americans here makes me a little distressed, though. I think the combination of media and the fact that 33.3% of Americans that come here are total weirdos gives Koreans a very skewed view of the United States.

On an unrelated side note, today at lunch I had Ojingeochae Bokkeum, stir-fried dried squid. So good!
(photo courtesy of My Korean Kitchen)

No comments:

Post a Comment