Sunday, November 29, 2009

Seoul Folk Flea Market

Last Saturday, we went to an all-you-can-drink  wine buffet in Gangnam. It was a good deal but between the $25 price tag and the availability of otherwise scarce good wine, it was a little too easy to drink a little too much.

Recently, this keeps happening to me. I wake up the next morning feeling like where's Waldo, wondering where my ear muffs, hat, wig, 'insert item here' went. So, unless I start duct-tapping the important stuff to my body, I've got to start being more responsible.




This past weekend, Eric and I went to the Seoul folk Flea Market. I feel strongly that everything I lose in Seoul will eventually end up here (for the low, low price of 2,000 won). I'm not sure what makes it 'folk.' From what I saw, the only major difference between this and other flea markets I've been to was its scale. This was a massive warehouse of people selling random junk, and any kind of random junk you could possibly want. Earmuffs, golf clubs, authentic U.S. military meal rations, Japanese swords, old trombones, and butterfly knifes (illegal in the U.S., if you feel the urge to smuggle home a neat souvenir for baby brother).

Random Korean Figurines. I want the Tae Kwon Do fighters!



Or how about some business card holders with Korean pop stars on them? Rain B is pretty dreamy.

Inappropriate pigs. We found these at a stall that sold smutty videos.

It was refreshing in it's lack of touristy build-up, actually. I bought some earmuffs for Eric (since I lost his the night before) and a cinnamon-sugar filled pancake at the food court.

No comments:

Post a Comment