Sunday, April 4, 2010

Dental Offices and Ballet

Seoul has many little oddities. For one, the high frequency of "barber shops" in a city of so many metrosexual men. There are barber polls seemingly everywhere.

A slightly less common business is the dental office (치과 in Korean). There are soooooo many, yet Koreans on the whole don't seem to have the best teeth. I had a dream last night that I went to go get some dental work done here, only to find out that they were all, in fact, brothels. Although it would explain everything, I have it on good authority that this is not actually the case.

I signed up for ballet classes this week at a studio in Hongdae. This may sound like something I should have grown out of when I hit age 10 or a height of 5'5. But I've been wanting to take up some new hobbies, improve myself as a person, etc.

When I went the ballet store to get proper clothes, the store clerk started asking which leotard styles I liked the best. Then I told him I was 177cm tall. He dug around for a minute and then pulled out an XL leotard, tights and shoes. Because in the entire store, there is only one single XL of everything. Oh, Korea. Or is this more a case of me choosing an activity known for its eating disorders?

Pictures to follow of me all suited up, provided they are suitably hilarious.

No comments:

Post a Comment