Wednesday, May 5, 2010

So, I Was in Japan a Few Days Ago and...

While a guy friend and I were in Osaka, I realized I'd forgotten certain feminine products and had to buy them. We went into a 7-Eleven and I grabbed a box of said feminine products and a few other things I'd forgotten to bring.
"Do you really need that other stuff? Or, are you just buying it for distraction?" my friend asked.

I proceeded to tell him that yes, I needed them. I'm a 23 year old woman, I said, I don't get embarrassed about buying tampons at this point. As I said this, the Japanese girl behind the counter rang me up and then proceeded to carefully wrap up my tampons separately in a brown paper bag.

As my friend pointed out, in Japan, they'll apparently be embarrassed for you.



Oh, and this was The Cutest Thing Ever.


No comments:

Post a Comment