Friday, June 11, 2010

Eye Examinations

I've been seeing black flecks in my eyes for a few weeks so  went to get it checked out between classes on Wednesday. The doctors did all the basic eye exam stuff (or what I assume is the basic eye exam stuff - this was my first). Then, they put some anesthetic eye drops in my eyes so they could look at my retinas. Looking at the retina involves putting a concave magnifying scope directly on the eyeball.

So, this Korean doctor was trying to poke my eye with a Q-tip as she was explaining this to me. To put on the lens, I assume, but I was a little freaked out all the same. She finally pulled back and asked if I was okay, because I wasn't keeping my head still. 

"I feel kind of funny," I said. 

"Dizzy?" she asked.

"I dunno," I said, fighting to keep my eyes open. "Just kinda funny."

I woke up an indefinite amount of time later to this:

It was a little distressing.

As I lay in a puddle of my own icy sweat, the medical staff asked me lots of questions that I didn't know how to answer. 


"You have family here?" Um.
"Who can you call?" I don't know. 
"Do you have friend?" Um wat? 
"They need to pick you up. You have friend to pick you up?" No... 
"Who will you call?"

AH OMG I DUNNOOOOO 

;_;


Long story short, I did eventually get home. My co-teacher said this probably all happened because I do not have proper nutrition since I've stopped eating in the school cafeteria.

Oh, and they said my eyes are fine.

2 comments:

  1. Brooke, I'm glad your eyes are fine. Do you wear sunglasses when you go out in the sun? Are you eating fruits, veggies, chicken- a well rounded diet? Are you getting enough sleep?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That picture is hilarious. (Hopefully you were seeing colour though.)

    ReplyDelete