Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Gay Men and Those Who Love Them

This post is dedicated to Darino. Dude, STFU :P


While perusing Best of Craigslist a while back, I came across this ad:

This, in particular, caught my attention:
Ideal candidate would possess some or all of the following qualities:
A car
Loud annoying voice
Sympathy with a strong streak of vindictiveness
Masculinity beyond which I posses
Offers good advice while never taking her own
The need to protect her Fag from violence by str8 men (typically while beating her Fag for getting into the mess in the first place)

Overweight/Ginger/Lesbian tendencies to the front of the line.
And I thought to myself, 'crap, I fulfill more of these categories than I am comfortable with.' This is completely putting aside the fact that I seem to have made several gay friends here.

I always thought fag hag was a horrible term. Even though Will & Grace made it en vogue, it still carries negative connotations. The gist of urban dictionary's definition - fag hag is shorthand for 'looks normal, emotional fuckwittery within.'

Really, is it wrong for a straight woman like myself to enjoy hanging out with gay men? To find it refreshing to just be platonic friends with guys that don't want to get in your pants or tell you about their ball sweat? Does this indicate some inner disfunctionality of mine?  Am I doomed to prefer the company of men who can never find me sexually attractive??

But they are so fun! :\

I'm going to go listen to 'Bret, You Got It Going On' and be vaguely anxious.

No comments:

Post a Comment