Monday, June 7, 2010

Life is Rough. Have the Right Playlist.

June can be a difficult month for public school teachers whose contracts end in August. With the end in sight, yet still a few months off, it can be difficult to cope with certain work situations and relationships.

I've been extremely lucky with my work situation but I know several friends that are getting a little down as the month drags on. One fellow SMOE teacher I know is having a nightmare situation right now.

So, I'd like to share what I do when things get rough in my life.

For...
...When you are sad.
(Oh no! Don't be sad.)

Your beard is good. Just a compliment for you…your beard. Just a compliment about your beard…being good.
Seriously, though, why can't a heterosexual guy tell a heterosexual guy that he thinks his booty is fly?


...When you are mad as hell.

I WILL END YOU!!!


...When you are lacking inspiration.

Saul Williams knows what fucking awesome means.


...When you are feeling rejected.

A friend said of this video, "I feel like there isn't anyone in her life that doesn't (or isn't forced to) love Beyonce."
And this is why I love Beyonce.
Don't take that shit. Wear vintage lingerie. Look pretty crying. Force people to love you. --> SUCCESS


...When you feel like watching other people be outraged for you.

The Daily Show With Jon StewartMon - Thurs 11p / 10c
10 F#@king Years - Even Stevphen
www.thedailyshow.com
Daily Show Full EpisodesPolitical HumorTea Party
Steve, that's a stupid thing to say and you're a stupid person for saying it.

2 comments:

  1. Buffy the Vampire Slayer has also been an acceptable remedy. Something about seeing Sarah Michelle Gellar beat the crap out of supernatural monsters actually soothes me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, I need to rewatch that show. Or should I wait until something casts me into a spiral of emotional upheaval?

    ReplyDelete